Your rings are the symbol of your marriage. Do you remember how exciting they were when they were new? It’s not so much that they were new. It’s that they were sparkling.
Jewelry is forever, so ask your jeweler how to keep your particular rings sparkly. As a general matter, here is what they say.
- Remove your jewelry when doing household tasks, working out, swimming in chlorinated water, or touching harsh chemicals at work. Store your jewelry in protective cloth, so that it does not get scratched.
- Implement a regular procedure of cleaning your jewelry.
- Use self-cleaning solutions to remove oils.
- Use jewelry polishing cloths with special chemicals to remove tarnish.
- Ultrasonic cleaning produces most dramatic results, but don’t do it too frequently.